Free Wi-Fi at the Brownsville Public Library
Connecting to wifi at the Brownsville Public Library is easy.
Most users can simply bring their wireless-enabled laptop or other wireless device to the library and turn it on. The device will automatically recognize the wireless network.
The library’s wi-fi network is called "BPL_Public"; click on that name to connect. You may see other network names, but they are not provided by the library for free public access. There is no password and access is immediate.
Here are further highlights and considerations:
Connecting to the Library's Wireless Network
- You must have a computer or other device equipped with an compatible wireless card.
- Using your computer's network utilities, look for the wireless network with "BPL_Public"
- The Brownsville Public Library wireless network does not require a password to connect.
- Free wifi is available through every Brownsville Public Library
Limitations and Disclaimers Regarding Wireless Access
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- Library staff is not always able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.