- Online registration begins June 15, 2020 - July 13th, 2020
- Virtual Kick Off Day June 15th
- Virtual Awards Ceremony July 31st
- Patrons are required to have their own library cards at the time of registration.
- Once registered, participants may look at our Program descriptions, Summer Reading Program weekly calendars, and contest forms.
|Age 0 - 6:|
|Age 7 – 12:|
|Age 13 - 17:|
- Participants will write three to five sentences about one of the books listed on their title log and either by email to email@example.com, send to live chat, or call to 956-548-1055.
- Once participants have read their required reading, they will either submit the completed title log email to firstname.lastname@example.org, send to live chat, or call to 956-548-1055.
- The Brownsville Public Library System will begin accepting all title logs on June 29, 2020.
- Children and teens who complete the program, have a library account in good standing and return all required documents will automatically be entered into a giveaway.
- All title logs and contest entries must be submitted either by email at email@example.com, by Live Chat or by phone at 956-548-1055 by 3:00 pm on July 13, 2020.
- The winners of the giveaway and contests will be announced during the Virtual Awards Ceremony on July 31, 2020, at 10 am.
2020 Summer Reading Program Registration
- Bookmark Contest
- Short Story Contest
- Video Story Contest
- Design-Your-Own-Mask (Child Mask)
- Design-Your-Own-Mask (Adult Mask)
Contest Submission Links
Program Descriptions – Times vary, please see program calendar.
⮚ Kick-Off Day: Register for the Virtual Summer Reading Program online at bpl.us, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Live Chat or by phone at 956-548-1055.
⮚ Scholastic Book Fair: Like to read? Buy a book from the variety provided by Scholastic online at bpl.us and have your favorite reading shipped straight to your home. All proceeds benefit future programming!
⮚ Car Craft: Use your imagination and some simple materials to create a car you’d wish to drive.
⮚ Dragon Craft: A dragon can be a person’s best friend. Take to the paper and create your very own dragon and watch it come to life.
⮚ Castle Craft: Have you ever dreamed of living in your very own castle? Now is the time to put your imagination to the test. Learn how to create your castle and get to work on making your dream a reality.
⮚ Bird Feeder: Love the outdoors? See a lot of birds? Why not make it fun for you and them? Learn how to create your very own bird feeder and watch the birds from the comfort of your home.
⮚ Volcano: We are bringing science to your home. Tune in to learn how to create your very own volcano and get ready for an eruption of a lifetime.
⮚ Pasta Collage: Learn how pasta can be so much more than something good to eat.
⮚ Book Face Challenge: Grab yourself a book and your imagination as you become one with the book in our weekly book face challenge. Share your photos online and tag the Brownsville Public Library.
⮚ Dance Class: Tune in and join in a weekly series of learning some moving and grooving dance movements.
⮚ Yoga: Tune in to a weekly series of learning some yoga positions. Learn a couple new movements every week to help end your week on a relaxing note.
⮚ Edible Slime: It’s sticky, it’s slimy but most of all, it’s edible. Tune in and learn how you can create your own edible slime.
⮚ Draw Your Own Book Cover: Join us in a weekly challenge by posting your very own designed book cover of your favorite book and email us a photo to be shared throughout the week.
⮚ Baking Class: Tune in to a weekly segment as we bake together with some simple recipes that are fun for the whole family.
⮚ Lava Lamp: A simple science experiment that is fun for all ages. Tune in and learn how to make your very own lava lamp using everyday items.
⮚ Music Class: Everyone has thought about what it would be like to be a rock-star for a day. Tune in to turn this dream into reality, with a simple tutorial in playing the drums. Learn how you can use simple household items to make some music.
⮚ Elephant Toothpaste: Have you ever wondered what Elephants use to brush their teeth? Tune in to learn how you can create your very own elephant toothpaste.
⮚ Dancing Rice: What would you do if rice could dance? Tune in and watch as we make rice have a blast and see how you can do this on your own.
⮚ Minion Concert: Who knew someone so despicable could be so amazingly good at dancing. Join us as we start to wrap up with a fun filled online concert with your favorite minions.
⮚ Virtual Awards Ceremony: Join us online on July 31st at 10 am for the conclusion of our 2020 Summer Reading Program and listen for our winners of our reading challenges and contests.
⮚ Bookmark Contest: Create a bookmark depicting our theme of “Imagine Your Story.” Entries consist of 4 age groups: 6 – 7, 8 – 10, 11 – 13 and 14 – 17 year olds. 1st place in each age group will receive a $30 Best Buy gift card. All entries must be submitted to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on July 12, 2020.
⮚ Short Story Contest: Write a short story depicting our theme of “Imagine Your Story.” All stories can be up to 1,000 word count and participants must create their own cover. Entries consist of 4 age groups: 6 – 7, 8 – 10, 11 – 13 and 14 – 17 year olds. All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on July 12, 2020.
⮚ Tween and Teen Video Story Contest: Tweens and Teens are invited to submit an original video depicting our theme, “Imagine Your Story.” Entries consist of 2 age groups: 8 – 12 and 13 – 17. All entries must be submitted to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on July 12, 2020. Entries must not exceed 25mb.
⮚ Design Your Own Mask Contest: Use your imagination and create your own art design for a face mask. Entries consist of 4 age groups: 6 – 7, 8 – 10, 11 – 13, 14 – 17. All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on July 12, 2020.