- Online registration begins June 4, 2018
- Kick off Party June 11th
- Awards Ceremony June 30th
- Patrons are required to have their own library cards at the time of registration.
- Once registered, participants may pick up their information packet, which includes their title logs, at the Children’s Department of either library branch.
| Required Reading|| |
|Age 0 - 6:|
|Age 7 – 12:|
|Age 13 - 17:|
- Participants will write three to five sentences about one of the books listed on their title log.
- Once participants have read their required reading, they will return the completed title log and a library receipt that demonstrates that at least one book was checked out at the library.
- The Children’s Department will begin accepting all title logs on June 18, 2018.
- Participants who complete the required reading will receive a small gift bag and a certificate of completion.
- Children and teens who complete the program, have a library account in good standing and return all required documents will automatically be entered into a giveaway.
- All title logs and contest entries must be submitted to the Children’s Department by 6:00 pm on June 22, 2018.
- The winners of the giveaway and contests will be announced during the Awards Ceremony on June 30, 2018, at the Southmost Branch Library from 5:00 - 7:00 pm. Must be present to win.
2018 Summer Reading Program Registration
Design Your Own T-shirt
Deadline to register is June 11, 2018
Main Branch - June 18th Southmost Branch - June 25th
Valley's Got Talent
Ages 7-12 Only
Main Branch - June 22 from 2:30-4:30 pm Southmost Branch - June 15 from 3:30-5:30 pm
Ages 13-17 Only
- Scholastic Book Fair: Like to read? Buy a book from the variety provided by Scholastic at the Main Branch Library. All proceeds benefit future programming!
- Kick-Off Party: Come register for the Summer Reading Program and stay to enjoy some food and drinks! Face painting will be available for children.
- Movie Days: Includes Coco, Wonder, Ferdinand, Jumanji, Son of Big Foot and The Greatest Showman. Snacks will be provided, while supplies last.
- Teen Book Club: Teens will meet to discuss This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp at the Main Branch Library and The Help by Kathryn Stockett at the Southmost Branch Library. The first fifteen teens (ages 13-17) to register in the Children’s Department will receive a FREE copy of the book to keep.
- Create a Rock Buddy: Transform a rock into whatever your mind can create and take it home for your garden.
- Punk Rock Story Time: Dress up as your favorite rocker for our Punk Rock Story-Time and join staff for a musical adventure. Costume Contest to follow.
- Rock Climbing Activity & Obstacle Course: Climb our rock wall and see how high you can go!
- Mr. Mike’s Music Class: Create your own instrument with the help of Mr. Mike and the library staff. Join our Library Band and play in an interactive/musical Story-Time.
- Make Your Own Race Car: Vroooom! Make your own race car and take it home with you!
- Kindermusik Studio Performance: The Performing and Visual Arts Academy will give an engaging and interactive Performance.
- Hatha Yoga Demonstration: Leti Ocampo leads a class in the basics of Yoga.
- Dance Performance: Dancers from the Carlotta K. Petrina Cultural Center will dance Hip-Hop, Jazz, and Ballet, and they’ll teach their audience some basic moves.
- Mr. Tom’s Geology Class: Come and learn about the fascinating world of geology and rocks.
- Design Your Own Shirt: Create a one of a kind shirt with your own artistic design. Pre-Registration is required and may be done online at www.bpl.us. Shirts are limited to the first 100 participants.
- Teen Lock-In: For ages 13 – 17. Enjoy a night of food, games, fun, and excitement. Pre-Registration is required and may be done online at www.bpl.us. Limited to the first 50 teens who register.
- Awards Ceremony: Join us at the Southmost Branch Library for the announcement of this year’s winners. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN! Your LIBRARY CARD will be required in order to accept your prize. Awards will be given out from 5:00 – 7:00 pm on June 30th.