Prohibited / Special Waste
The following prohibited wastes will not be allowed:
- Any Hazardous Wastes
- Car or Truck Batteries (Send to automotive centers)
- Class 1 Industrial Waste
- Closed Drums
- Hot Loads
- Oil (A Used Oil Recycling Containers available at the landfill)
- Oil Filters (Send to Firestone Tire and Service Co., O'Reilly Auto Parts, Pep Boys, or Walmart Tire and Lube Center and Sam's Club)
- Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCBs)
- Wet Paint
- Drugs, contaminated foods, or contaminated beverages, other than those contained in normal household waste
- Commercial or Industrial waste water treatment
- Incinerator Ash
- Light Ballasts and/or Small Capacitors containing PCB compounds
- Septic Tank pumpings
Special Waste is material that, because of physical characteristics, chemical makeup, or biological nature requires special handling procedures and permitting, or poses an unusual threat to human health, equipment, property, or the environment.
The following special wastes may be accepted for disposal without prior written authorization from the TCEQ:
- Medical waste which has been treated in accordance with TCEQ regulations.
- Dead animals and/or slaughterhouse waste.
- Empty containers which have been used for pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or rodenticides provided that the containers are triple-rinsed and rendered unusable.
- Regulated (Friable) and Non-regulated (Non-friable) asbestos-containing materials (Generator is required to give at least 24 hours notice prior to delivery of friable asbestos).
- Municipal hazardous waste from a conditionally exempt small quantity generator provided the amount of waste does not exceed 220 pounds per month per generator.
- Sludge, grease trap waste, or grit trap waste from municipal sources if the material has been, treated or processed and has been certified to contain no free liquids.
- Petroleum contaminated soils that are accompanied by analytic data (including signed laboratory results. chain-of-custody information, Quality Control Data, and a sampling plan) as required by the TCEQ.
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB) Bulk.