How the System Operates
All buses operate in the Brownsville area only. Most of the bus routes (except for Route 30) start and finish their trips at La Plaza at Brownsville Multimodal Terminal in downtown Brownsville. Most routes are scheduled to provide a trip about once every hour.
Hours of Operation
We provide service throughout Brownsville with thirteen bus routes, running from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., from Monday through Saturday.
- Bring your bike along and store it in our convenient bike racks!
Services will not be provided on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Comments, Complaints, Commendations, ADA Reasonable Modifications?B-Metro is committed to providing safe, reliable, courteous, accessible and user-friendly services to its customers.
Please provide us with a suggestion, compliment, complaint, commendation, or ADA reasonable modification in person or written correspondence at La Plaza Multimodal Terminal at 755 International Blvd., Brownsville, Texas 78520; or by phone - Customer Service 956-548-6050 or Information Desk 956-541-4881; or by email - Ms. Ester Balli, Administrative Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure equality and fairness, B-Metro is committed to making reasonable modifications to its policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure programs and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- When relaying a concern or complaint please note, if possible, the bus route, bus number, time of day, and location of incident. The more information provided, the more likely Brownsville Metro can address the problem.
- On the email subject line or on an envelope please provide us with a the subject matter. (Example: "Complaint" or "Requesting a Reasonable Modification.")
Availability of Information
Availability of Information
Information found on this website can be provided in an alternative format upon request. Please contact Customer Service at 956-541-6050; Information Desk at 956-541-4881; or email Ms. Cynthia Castillo, Interim Grants and Public Outreach Manager at email@example.com
B-Metro will do its best to provide the requested alternative format within a reasonable time.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the City of Brownsville-Brownsville Metro (B-Metro) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, disability, age, or natural origin.
Catching the Bus
Getting on and off of the bus is allowed only at designated bus stops. Blue and white bus stop signs are posted at all designated stops and many stops provide all-weather shelters. Make sure to be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early. When the bus approaches, look for the route number and destination sign above the windshield. Always feel free to confirm with the driver that you are getting on the correct bus.
Paying Your Fare
For more information, visit our Paying Your Fare page.
Bus Route Modifications?
- Call or email Mr. Antonio Zubieta, Transit Operations Planner at (956) 574-6696 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the La Plaza Multimodal Terminal Webpage at https://www.cob.us/908/La-Plaza
- Visit Brownsville Metro Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/brownsvillemetro
Please remember that the front seats are reserved for senior citizens and people with disabilities. For your safety, please remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop. If you have to stand, stay as far to the rear of the bus as possible, and use the hand rails.
Eating / Drinking / Smoking
Smoking, eating, and drinking are strictly prohibited on all transit buses. Please extinguish cigarettes and dispose of, or store away, all food and beverages before getting on the bus.
Animals are not allowed on the bus unless they are assisting passengers with disabilities.
Items carried on by passengers must remain in a location where they will no interfere with the entrance, exit, or free use of the aisles by passengers or with the safe operation of the vehicle. Baby carriages, strollers and walkers must be folded so as not to interfere with the free use of aisles. No article or item which might reasonably interfere with the safe, reliable, and efficient delivery of service shall be allowed on any bus. If such an article is seen by the driver, the passenger shall be told to dispose of the item or remain off the bus.
What to Do if You Get on the Wrong Bus
If you realize that you are on the wrong bus tell the driver right away and ask for assistance. The driver will give you directions or call for a supervisor to assist you.
Reaching Your Destination
Be alert for your destination. If you're not sure where it is, ask the driver to call it out. Sitting near the front of the bus will help you hear when your destination is announced.
Leaving the Bus
- Buses stop only at designated bus stops.
- To signal the bus to stop, simply pull the yellow cord by the window. The driver will pull over at the next stop.
- Pull the cord about a block before your stop to give the driver enough time to react to your request.
- If the driver is unable to stop in time, he will continue to the next available bus stop and let you get off there. Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before standing to exit.
- Please use the rear door when exiting to avoid crowding the passengers who are boarding.
Lost & Found
If you lose something on the bus, call 956-548-6050 or stop by the information booth at the La Plaza at Brownsville terminal. If possible, let us know the route number, bus number, date and time to help us assist you.
All of our buses are equipped with easy-to-use bicycle racks, enabling passengers to easily combine bicycle and bus travel on the same trip. However, please remember that drivers can not assist in placing bicycles on the racks, space is limited to two bikes per bus and bikes are not allowed inside the bus.