Fire Detection Systems
DUE TO CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES, WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING DIGITAL PLANS.
PLEASE SEND PLANS TO FIRE LIEUTENANT HARRIS AT: email@example.com
Plans shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following:
- Minimum of three sets of paper plans shall be submitted for approval (one set will remain in the office and the others will be stamped upon approval to return back to contractor)
- Each set must include a wet signature
- Minimum of one set of manufacturers' device details
- Provide current copy of state license issued by Texas Department of Insurance
- Battery calculations
- A floor plan that indicates the use of all rooms
- Locations of alarm-initiating devices
- Locations of alarm notification appliances, including candela rating for visible alarm notification appliances
- Location of fire alarm control unit, transponders and notification power supplies.
- Power connection
- Conductor type and sizes
- Voltage drop calculations
- Manufacturers' data sheets indicating model numbers and listing information for equipment, devices and materials
- Details of ceiling height and construction
- The interface of fire safety control functions
- Classification of supervising station
- Must contain the license number of the licensee, the name, address, phone number, and the certificate of registration number of the registered firm.
- All systems shall be installed in accordance to NFPA 72 by a Texas licensed technician.
- Plans shall be submitted for review and approval prior to system installation. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Title Block Shall Include:
- Project name
- Project address
- Contractor name, address, and license number
- Legend Floor plans drawn to common scale
- Sequence of event for alarm, trouble, supervisory, and trouble signals
- Sequence of events for heat, smoke, duct smoke devices @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Shall be monitored by an approved supervising station in accordance with NFPA 72
- Shall have a primary and secondary phone line. The primary line shall be a dedicated line.
- Acceptance tests are to be scheduled and paid for no sooner than 24 hrs in advance.
- Tests to be done during inspection hours. Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-11 a.m. or 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
- System must be on "live" during the test.
- Approved plans must be on site
- Person conducting test must be a licensed fire alarm technician.
- Company vehicle(s) must be onsite and clearly labeled.
- Must provide a copy of installation certificate and one is to be given to owner upon successful completion of test.
- "As Builts" must be provided for any deviations to initial approved plans
- Signal received to dispatch must have the correct description
- Must only use smoke in a can or similar, not a magnet for activation of smoke detectors.
- Must only use a heat gun to activate heat detector(s).
- Pull stations and signaling devices must be installed as per NFPA standards and approved plans.
- Pull stations and signaling devices must be free from obstructions.
- All strobes must be in sync
- Fire Sprinkler Waterflow Test:
- Fire sprinkler company/owner of building must be present
- Activation of alarm for waterflow must be in 90 seconds or less
- Tamper switches must activate a trouble signal at the control panel
- Specialized Suppression Systems Test (Hood/Clean Agent):
- Specialized Suppression System Company must have a licensed suppression systems technician present for the test