STEP 1: Meet with Zoning Division Staff

Discuss which of the following process(es) described below will meet your proposed property use needs:

        A. Rezone the property (does not expire)
​                   1. Change the Use District, Area District, or both
​        B. Get a Specific Use Permit (can expire)
​                   1. For uses that are not allowed by right, but may be allowed under the right set of conditions
​                   2. Does not change the Use District or Area District
​        C. Get a Conditional Use Permit (can expire)
​                  1. Allows ‘wet’ establishments (store, restaurant, liquor store, bars) that do not meet land spacing   
​                      requirements to sell alcohol.